Lease a Business Building
Negotiate the Best Deal for Your Company
This course is designed for small business owners, entrepreneurs, and independent contractors.• Any business person who needs to rent a commercial business building for the first time can benefit from this course. This is NOT for advanced commercial tenants who are already familiar with the process of leasing a commercial business building. At the end of your course, students will be able to:
- Discover the difference between residential and commercial leases.
- Hire a real estate tenant broker to represent you at no cost to you.
- Find a building and research it thoroughly.
- Learn the process of leasing a commercial building, including office, restaurant, warehouse, and retail shop.
- Calculate the total lease amount to ensure that you can afford it before signing the lease.
- Negotiate to get the lowest price, most free rent, and other terms that benefit your business.
- Locate the ideal team to help you build out your tenant improvements.
- Get legal help from your real estate attorney interpreting and refining the contract.
- Ensure you are adequately prepared and won’t default or get evicted.
- Terminate your lease and get a full refund of your security deposit upon vacating the premises.
- Use your commercial building as a place to grow and expand your business, and increase your profitability.
- Define industry abbreviations and terms such as “TI”, “NNN” and “Gross Lease”.
- Get 10 free bonus handouts, including budgets and worksheets.
- View 10 sample real-life documents.
Bring your best, join us in success!
Regina P. Brown is the owner and lead consultant of MBA Broker consultants and the broker/owner of California Coast & Country Homes. She is the author of a dozen books, including “Buy Your First Home” and “Learn the Lingo of Houses”. Regina earned her MBA degree with a concentration in Entrepreneurship at Azusa Pacific University after completing her Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate from Forbes School of Business at Ashford University. She is an e-Pro Realtor®, GREEN Certified, and has earned the GRI designation.
As an admin for the popular Lab Coat Agents group on Facebook, she moderates several forums: one with 88,000 real estate agents; another with 3,000 real estate brokerage firm owners. Currently serving as 2018 Secretary of the Board for the National Association of Real Estate Brokers in San Diego, previously she served as the 2017 President of Women’s Council of Realtors® San Diego, Education Committee Chair of San Diego Association of Realtors® and also in leadership roles with the National Association of Real Estate Brokers.
Regina’s passion is helping entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed with her maxim “A rising tide lifts all boats.” That driving force motivates her to contribute, share, and help her real estate colleagues elevate the standard of professionalism in our industry.